Responsive Ad

How to fix Hide My Email not working on iPhone/Mac : iCloud+ ?


Hide My Email is a really useful feature from Apple offered to all its users. It lets you create random email address to use on various website which keeps your email id private.  You can use iCloud or third party app for generating random email addresses. When someone sends you email, the random emails forward the email to your account.


Hide My Email not working on iPhone, MacBook



But recently Apple users including iPhone , iPad, Macbook users are reporting issue that "Hide my Mail" is not working from Mail app of Apple. While choosing an option "Hide my Mail" gives error as "Something went wrong". For example if start a new mail, tap on the "from" address, select Hide my email, it gives error "Hide my Mail" – “There was a problem creating an email address. Try again”.  Also emails not being forwarded in Hide My Email, which is annoying as user may miss important email. 


This is happening for different operations in Hide My Email using Apple email app. It is giving below error :


Hide My Email - Mail app on iOS says “Hide My Email is currently unavailable”
Hide My Email - Mail app on macOS says "Something Went Wrong"



Some users are reporting that the issue started after iOS or MacOS update as Hide my Email was working fine previously. It seems to be a glitch in the iCloud ecosystem and the issue is even seen for iCloud+ users.


How to fix Hide My Email not working, gives Error “Something went wrong” : iPhone 12, 13 Pro Max, XR,XS, 11, X: iOS 15



Fix. : Try iCloud web


If you are not able to use Hide My email on Apple device like iPhone and Macbook then try using iCloud web as the feature seems to work fine there. 


Fix : Disable VPN 


If you are using VPN software/ apps on your Apple device then this could be reason why Hide My Email may not work properly. To fix that  try removing all profiles and VPN from the iPhone/Mac settings. 


Fix : Workaround


There is workaround to fix Hide My Email “Something went Wrong” issue which is to save the reply-mail as draft, open it again from the drafts folder and send it then. If you try  times it‘s working. 


Fix :  Logout from iCloud 


Other option to fix Hide my email is to Signed out of Apple account and reboot the device. Now signed in again and check if this fixes the issue. 


Fix : Remove email account


One troubleshooting step to fix Hide my Email issue is to Remove the email from the mail app associated with hide my email on Apple email app. After that reboot the iPhone/ Macbook and again add the email to iCloud.








Source: Shudtech

Post a Comment

0 Comments